COMPASS Interest GroupThe first COMPASS Interest Group workshop will take place on Wednesday 22 May 2013, in Bristol, UK. The workshop programme includes presentations and demonstrations of COMPASS methods and tools, with application to Systems of Systems challenges. Titles of talks include:
- Systems of Systems Challenges and the COMPASS tools
- Model-based Requirements Engineering for Systems of Systems
- Introducing the COMPASS Modelling Language
- Advanced Model-Based Testing With RT-Tester and Artisan Studio
- CIG working session: an invitation to discuss SoS issues, experience, challenges, case studies
The workshop is open to all COMPASS Interest Group members. For more information about the workshop, or to join the interest group, please contact Steve.Riddle@ncl.ac.uk
While the COMPASS consortium will undertake the innovation and prototyping work in the project, an essential part of the project will be guidance, advice and evaluation from interested external observers. We call this the COMPASS Interest Group (CIG).
This group will monitor the COMPASS project via regular newsletters and workshops during the project, in which:
- The project's progress is reported and demonstrated by members of the research team;
- Feedback and advice on strategy is given by the CIG members;
- Solutions for challenges submitted prior to the workshop to the COMPASS experts are presented;
- CIG members will have the opportunity to network with other professionals in the field, and to exchange best practice and assessments of the state of the art;
- Possibilities for further collaboration / information exchange are discussed.
CIG members will propose SoS Engineering challenge problems from their domain. The COMPASS partners will tackle these problems using the emerging COMPASS technology.
Other benefits for CIG members are timely updates on the work in COMPASS, access to white papers, webinars and other materials produced during the project, and a direct influence on the course of the project via feedback and advice.
Confirmed Interest Group members include:
- Roke Manor Research Ltd
- West Consulting BV
- Rockwell Collins
- UNU-IIST Center for Electronic Governance
- University of South Australia
- Jaguar Land Rover
- National Institute of Informatics, Japan
Membership application form
To apply for membership of the CIG, please complete the application form and return it to Steve Riddle (contact details below).
For further details and information on joining the COMPASS Interest Group, contact Steve Riddle (Steve.Riddle@ncl.ac.uk, +44 191 222 5156).